Trade Support/Mid Office Specialist
We're looking for a pro-active, organized and analytical Trade Support/Mid Office Specialist who loves to work - and play - hard to join our Trade Support/Mid-Office team at STX Group's headquarters in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate is someone who is not only fluent in English (and possibly another language too), but who is also very excited supporting our front office with making the processing of the trades as smooth as possible.
A lot has changed since 2005, when STX Group was founded as a small-scale intermediary company in the heart of Amsterdam. Starting out modestly, but ambitiously as one of the first European players in the Carbon Emission (EUA) market, the firm has grown over the years into a reputable international intermediary and trading company that employs over 100 staff members and covers a wide range of products on the global market. Working from offices in Amsterdam, New York and Gothenburg, our various teams draw on their entrepreneurial mindset to serve our clients optimally in their own languages. Our goal? To consolidate growth in dynamic existing markets while further exploring new products and emerging markets. Ultimately, our mission is to become a leading trader and market access provider in illiquid environmental commodities and debt capital markets.
Growth through new products and markets
These days, STX Group serves as a intermediary, principle and proprietary trader in the international renewables market and financial markets. On the environmental commodities side, we intermediate and trade a wide variety of different renewable energy certificates and physical renewables, such as biofuels and biodiesel. Over the years, we have expanded to trade in a diverse range of new products and have moved into numerous new markets. Such developments account for the rapid growth the company has enjoyed since its inception.
Entrepreneurialism and diversity as key success factors
The only thing that hasn’t changed since 2005 is the location of our headquarters: we’re still based alongside Amsterdam’s canals in the vibrant heart of the city. To date, we remain one of the few intermediaries in the Dutch capital and one of the only trading firms to have such an international employee base serving the global market. A key driver behind the company’s growth and success is the great diversity within our teams: not only does our in-house staff base comprise an impressive 20 different nationalities, but the (academic) backgrounds of our team members vary widely too. This diversity guarantees that, as a group, we can tap into the creativity and versatility required to continuously develop only the best and most innovative ideas and solutions to problems we encounter. Great performance is rewarded with great growth within the company. We don’t believe in silos; we operate as teams. Cross-country, cross-disciplinary and cross-position collaboration is key. We don’t place much emphasis on hierarchical structures. What we do value? Entrepreneurial spirits who have great ideas and are keen to join the STX family to work on building the future together.
STX Group couldn’t function without the assistance of its IT, HR, Mid-Office, Finance, Legal and Compliance support teams. Comprising over 20 professionals, all based in Amsterdam, the different teams collectively help to ensure that trades are processed smoothly and the company as a whole runs efficiently and effectively as a business. They’re like the glue that holds the firm together. Our support teams are the fastest growing divisions in the STX Group, in large part thanks to the rapidly expanding front office and professionalization of these parts of the business.
You will be responsible for
- Preparing, checking and sending commercial contracts;
- Follow up on outstanding contracts and solve issues when needed;
- First line support to traders;
- Work as a team to troubleshoot live trading issues;
- Problem solve on longer term projects;
- Support our traders with corporate actions;
- Be operational back up for other Mid Office employees within STX;
- Identifying improvements within processes and procedure.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience within a trading environment;
- MS Excel skills;
- Extracting specific information from multiple sources quickly and correctly;
- Self-motivated, can stay engaged during times of low market activity and trading;
- Can work under time pressure;
- Organized- keep track of multiple tasks and follow up;
- Open to learning and teaching; team player;
- Problem solver, quick learner;
- Living in the area of Amsterdam;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
Compensation & benefits
- Fringe benefits, e.g. pension scheme contributions, monthly massages and weekly bootcamps;
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Professional and international working environment;
- Working in a fast-paced company;
- Strong focus on personal and professional development.
Get in touch
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to play a part in building our company's future? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the "apply" button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on 0031-205357797 or at email@example.com.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Apply for this vacancy all vacancies