Trade Support/Mid-Office Specialist
We are a Dutch company with an international focus, with offices in the Netherlands, Sweden and the US. We are headquartered in the heart of Amsterdam, right on the canals, with around 90 employees worldwide. Our employees are all commercially driven, ambitious, eager to learn, entrepreneurial and committed to going that extra mile to take on any challenge that presents itself. Most importantly, everyone at STX is a team player.
STX Group is active in the market as a broker, principal and proprietary trader in the renewables and financial markets on a global scale. On the renewables side, STX focuses on trading different types of renewable energy certificates as well as physical renewables, such as bio-fuels. On the fixed income side of the business, we are active in trading bonds, loans and cash-deposits in the primary and secondary market, as well as originating and being mandated on our own primary transactions.
Our motto is “work hard, play hard”, so we invest heavily in the training and development of our employees, which also includes offering different types of activities for employees beyond working hours. Training sessions and activities offered by STX include sales training, personal coaching, language lessons and boot-camp sessions (for those who like to keep active!) We also have our own STX football team and company boat, that is often used for client events or just for friends and family to enjoy, weather permitted of course.
Being an international company means we hire people from all around the world. As a result, we currently we have 20 different nationalities working across our offices.
STX Commodities is a renewable energy broker and sales-trading house focused on offering liquidity in an relative illiquid, yet international, renewable energy markets. STX was established over 12 years ago when the Kyoto protocol was implemented and was one of the first European players on the Carbon Emission (EUA) market.
Over the years, STX Commodities evolved into a pan-European broker and sales-trading organization active in both physical renewables as well as renewable energy certificates. Examples of physical renewables include bio-fuels (such as bio-diesel) and examples of renewable energy certificates include Carbon Emissions as well as a range of ‘green-electricity certificates’.
The Trader Support/Middle Office is the key link between our traders on the one hand and the third parties/external parties on the other. All to achieve smooth processing of the trades. Trade Support/Mid Office will manage and support all pre- and post-trade activities and manages the interfaces with exchanges and our clearing bank. You will interface with the traders and need to identify and solve issues under time pressure. You’ll also work on longer-term, slower paced monitoring and development projects and should be able to switch gears quickly between these types of tasks.
You will be responsible for
- Settlements of the environmental commodities deals;
- Work as a team (with 4 other team-members) to troubleshoot live trading issues and problem solve on longer-term projects;
- Daily stock reconciliation;
- Interface with exchanges and clearing houses;
- Support our traders with corporate actions;
- Be operational back up for other Mid Office employees within STX;
- Identifying improvements within processes and procedures.
- Minimum 2 years working experience;
- Basic understanding of securities trading/markets;
- Strong numerical and analytical skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team player;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English;
- Experience within a trading environment is highly appreciated;
- Living in (the area of) Amsterdam is highly appreciated;
- You have got a Dutch work permit.
- Competitive salary;
- International and professional working environment;
- Young, dynamic and ambitious company;
- Extra benefits.
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to participate in building the future for our company? Please apply for this job. If you want to know more about the position, please contact recruitment at +31 (0) 205357779 or mail to email@example.com.
Please notice that acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.Apply for this vacancy all vacancies