Senior System Engineer
|Company name:||STX Services|
We are a Dutch company with an international focus and have offices in the Netherlands and Sweden. Our main office is located in the heart of Amsterdam, on the canals. The company has around 90 employees, who have a strong commercial drive, are ambitious, eager to learn, entrepreneurial to investigate new markets and not satisfied until they have found a solution for a problem. At all time we act as team players.
STX Group is active as a broker, principle and a proprietary trader in the international renewables market and financial markets. On the renewables side we broke or trade many different renewable energy certificates and physical renewables such as bio-fuels. On the fixed income side we are active as a counterparty or originator on bonds, loans and cash-deposits on both the secondary as well as the primary market.
Our motto is: “work-hard-play-hard” so we invest a lot of time and effort into developing our employees during and after working-hours. There are a variety of sales, coaching, boot-camp or language lessons made available. And we have a football team and a boat which we use for regular trips on the canals private or with customers.
STX is a relatively young company where the average age (excluding management) is around 30. We have an international focus which means we also hire many people from abroad. Currently we have over 15 different nationalities working in our offices.
As a Senior System Engineer within STX Group, you are responsible for the network and systems of our company. You will be working in a complex environment together with a team that currently consists of three engineers who all have their own expertise – overlooked by one IT manager.
Due to the quick growth of our company we are looking to attract more inhouse knowledge about our IT systems and network (which is currently been taken care of by an external supplier). Therefore it is very important that you have got a widespread knowledge – in-depth hands-on, as well the ability to play a more client facing partner towards external suppliers. Next to this you will take a consulting role when it comes down to exciting internal projects and get to make contributions and improvements to the current infrastructure.
All this to make sure the network is monitored in a correct way using the available tools as well as identifying potential (capacity) problems in a timely manner!
You will be responsible for:
- Design and implementation of new systems, and support existing systems to meet business growth and changing business requirements;
- Configuration and maintenance of software, hardware, network, phone, print or telecommunication;
- Ensure that system problems are identified, explored and resolved;
- Be accurate in creating and maintaining system documentation;
- 2nd line engineering support for Windows desktop deployments, including in-depth troubleshooting and resolutions with clear documentation;
- CISCO network knowledge, including firewalls, routers, switches & telephones;
- Bringing new techniques and technologies into the team.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience ;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Server, Linux/Unix, SQL and VMware;
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS/Azure;
- Experience with Docker;
- Start-up mindset focused on the growth of our company;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Affinity with financial sector is desirable, but not essential;
- Fluent in English (additional other languages are a plus);
- Living in Amsterdam (area).
- Competitive salary;
- International and professional working environment;
- Young, dynamic and ambitious company;
- Extra benefits.
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to participate in building the future for our company? Please apply for this job.
If you want to know more about the position, please contact recruitment at +31 (0) 205357779 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please notice that acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Apply for this vacancy all vacancies