Sales Trader - Physical Commodities
|Company name:||STX Services|
We are a Dutch company with an international focus and have offices in the Netherlands, Sweden and the US. Our main office is located in the heart of Amsterdam, on the canals. The company has around 90 employees, who have a strong commercial drive, are ambitious, eager to learn, entrepreneurial to investigate new markets and not satisfied until they have found a solution for a problem. At all time we act as team players.
STX Group is active as a broker, principle and a proprietary trader in the international renewables market and financial markets. On the renewables side we broke or trade many different renewable energy certificates and physical renewables such as bio-fuels. On the fixed income side we are active as a counterparty or originator on bonds, loans and cash-deposits on both the secondary as well as the primary market.
Our motto is: “work-hard-play-hard” so we invest a lot of time and effort into developing our employees during and after working-hours. There are a variety of sales, coaching, boot-camp or language lessons made available. And we have a football team and a boat which we use for regular trips on the canals private or with customers.
STX is a relatively young company where the average age (excluding management) is around 30. We have an international focus which means we also hire many people from abroad. Currently we have over 15 different nationalities working in our offices.
STX Commodities is a renewable energy broker and sales-trading house focused on offering liquidity in the relative illiquid international renewable energy markets. STX was established over 12 years ago when the Kyoto protocol was implemented and being effectively one of the first European players on the Carbon Emission (EUA) market.
Over the years, STX Commodities evolved into a pan-European broker and sales-trading organization active in both physical renewables as well as certificates on renewables. Examples of physical renewables are bio-fuels such as bio-diesel and examples of renewable energy certificates are for instance Carbon Emissions and a variety of green-electricity certificates.
Due to expansion of our Physical Commodities Trading Desk we are looking for a commercial talent. As our new Physical Renewables Sales Trader you will focus on origination of a portfolio of customers for the physical commodities market in Europe. You will be supported by your team leader who is highly experienced in this market and deal structuring.
You will be responsible for
- Building your own product portfolio and generate opportunities with physical commodities or related products;
- Analyze into product streams and development;
- Research into business opportunities within the industry.
- 4 – 5 years of commercial experience (either in a business development, broker, trader or sales role);
- Experience within a strong sales or deal driven organization;
- Proven experience with development of a new client portfolio;
- Strong problem solver with the ability to respond flexibly;
- Fluent English speaker;
- Fluent in other European languages is a pro (French, Spanish, Italian etc.);
- Strong commercial drive and a proactive attitude;
- Eager to learn and work hard;
- Living in (the area of) Amsterdam.
Compensation & benefits
- Competitive bonus structure
- Strong focus on personal development
- International and professional working environment in the center of Amsterdam
- Young, social and fun team in a fast – paced, dynamic company
- Fringe benefits
- Company events
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to participate in building the future for our company? Please apply for this job through clicking on the apply button. For further questions please contact the Recruitment department at 0031205357797 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this vacancy all vacancies