Power Originator - Benelux Market
We are a Dutch company with an international focus and have offices in the Netherlands, Sweden and the US. Our main office is located in the heart of Amsterdam, on the canals. The company has around 90 employees, who have a strong commercial drive, are ambitious, eager to learn, entrepreneurial to investigate new markets and not satisfied until they have found a solution for a problem. At all time we act as team players.
STX Group is active as a broker, principle and a proprietary trader in the international renewables and financial markets. On the renewables side we broke or trade many different renewable energy certificates and physical renewables such as bio-fuels. On the fixed income side we are active as a counterparty or originator on bonds, loans and cash-deposits on both the secondary as well as the primary market.
Our motto is: “work-hard-play-hard” so we invest a lot of time and effort into developing our employees during and after working-hours. There are a variety of sales, coaching, boot-camp or language lessons made available. And we have a football team and a boat which we use for regular trips on the canals private or with customers.
STX is a relatively young company where the average age (excluding management) is around 30. We have an international focus which means we also hire many people from abroad. Currently we have over 15 different nationalities working in our offices.
STX Commodities is a renewable energy broker and sales-trading house focused on offering liquidity in the relative illiquid international renewable energy markets. STX was established 14 years ago when the Kyoto protocol was implemented and being effectively one of the first European players on the Carbon Emission (EUA) market.
Over the years, STX Commodities evolved into a pan-European broker and sales-trading organization active in both physical renewables as well as certificates on renewables. Examples of physical renewables are bio-fuels such as bio-diesel and examples of renewable energy certificates are for instance Carbon Emissions and a variety of green-electricity certificates.
STX Commodities non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
We are looking for new team member to join the Power and Environmental Commodities desk as an originator to focus primarily on helping to build our power and renewables sourcing business and secondarily to support the desk’s other power and environmental commodities trading & sales activities.
In this versatile and dynamic function of originator you have an important role to help the organization grow. You are responsible for the existing customer portfolio and the expansion thereof. You work closely with other originators and sales traders. Your customers are Green energy producers, large industrial and Corporate users, project developers and energy companies.
You will be responsible for:
- Assist in the development and execution of the desk’s proprietary sourcing strategies in power and renewables markets
- Lead the implementation of the desk’s origination strategies in the Benelux market for sourcing Power, PPA’s and renewables
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, environmental studies or other relevant disciplines
- At least 2 years of professional experience in origination or business development, preferably in the power and/or renewables markets
- Experience in pricing and pitching complex structured transactions; preferably with prior experience in Power Purchase Agreements (PPA’s)
- Established network of (power) market participants
- Fluent in Dutch and English; effective oral and written communication internally and externally
- Proactive, charismatic individual with the vision and ability to create new market opportunities and relationships
- Works effectively with a team to accomplish shared objectives
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and databases
Compensation & benefits:
- Competitive bonus structure
- International and professional working environment
- Fast - paced company
- Strong focus on personal development
- Fringe benefits
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to participate in building the future for our company? Please apply for this job through clicking on the apply button. For further questions please contact the Recruitment department at 0031-205357797 or email@example.com
Apply for this vacancy all vacancies