We're looking for a pro-active, energetic, commercially minded and ambitious Payroll Specialist who loves to work - and play - hard to join our HR/Recruitment & Finance team at STX Group's headquarters in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate is someone who is not only fluent in Dutch and English, but who is also very excited about the idea of maintaining and preparing the payroll for our Dutch, Swedish and US entities.
A lot has changed since 2005, when STX Group was founded as a small-scale intermediary company in the heart of Amsterdam. Starting out modestly, but ambitiously as one of the first European players in the Carbon Emission (EUA) market, the firm has grown over the years into a reputable international intermediary and trading company that employs over 100 staff members and covers a wide range of products on the global market. Working from offices in Amsterdam, New York and Gothenburg, our various teams draw on their entrepreneurial mindset to serve our clients optimally in their own languages. Our goal? To consolidate growth in dynamic existing markets while further exploring new products and emerging markets. Ultimately, our mission is to become a leading trader and market access provider in illiquid environmental commodities and debt capital markets.
STX Group couldn’t function without the assistance of its IT, HR, Mid-Office, Finance, Legal and Compliance support teams. Comprising over 20 professionals, all based in Amsterdam, the different teams collectively help to ensure that trades are processed smoothly and the company as a whole runs efficiently and effectively as a business. They’re like the glue that holds the firm together. Our support teams are the fastest growing divisions in the STX Group, in large part thanks to the rapidly expanding front office and professionalization of these parts of the business.
As a payroll specialist you will manage the payroll for multiple entities. This includes running the payroll reports, coordinating and checking the payroll with external vendors, preparing the journal and make sure payments are made timely and accurately. You will need to maintain relationships with external payroll vendors as well as internal stakeholders. In this role you will be part of the HR team (4fte). To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as be a strong contributor within our HR and Finance team. Interpersonal skills, good communication and the proven ability to work accurately with tight deadlines and a strong focus on results are a must.
You will be responsible for
- The maintenance and preparation of payroll for the Netherlands, Sweden and US
- The data validation and resolving discrepancies within tight deadlines
- Manage relationships with various global payroll providers with focus on the accuracy and timely receipt of payroll reports
- Prepare monthly payroll reconciliations, journal and accrual reports
- Attend to payroll specific queries from employees
- Reply to tax notices, wage orders, unemployment claims, government correspondences, and verification of employments for international entities
- Stay up to date with local payroll regulations
- Managing and administrating all pension and insurance providers
- Provide payroll feedback and data when required to support ongoing HR projects
- Ensure that Compensation and Benefits package is compliant with the law in all of the countries where we operate
- Create required compensation and benefits policies in conjunction with the relevant departments (e.g. phone, travel policies)
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in an payroll/accounting environment
- Experience with multiple countries payroll within an international environment
- Experience managing internal and external stakeholders such as other HR functions, employees, and local payroll providers
- Excellent communications skills in Dutch and English
- Ability to manage fast pace environment
- Ability to take ownership of payroll processes
- Problem solving mindset & positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Compensation & benefits
- Fringe benefits, e.g. pension scheme contributions, monthly massages and weekly bootcamps
- Competitive remuneration package
- Professional and international working environment
- Working in a fast-paced company
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
Get in touch
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to play a part in building our company's future? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the "apply" button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on 0031-205357797 or at email@example.com.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Apply for this vacancy all vacancies