|Company name:||STX Services|
We are a Dutch company with an international focus and have offices in the Netherlands, New York and Sweden. Our main office is located in the heart of Amsterdam, on the canals. The company has around 90 employees, who have a strong commercial drive, are ambitious, eager to learn, entrepreneurial to investigate new markets and not satisfied until they have found a solution for a problem. At all time we act as team players.
STX Group is active as a broker, principle and a proprietary trader in the international renewables and financial markets. On the renewables side we broke or trade many different renewable energy certificates and physical renewables such as bio-fuels. On the fixed income side we are active as a counterparty or originator on bonds, loans and cash-deposits on both the secondary as well as the primary market.
Our motto is “work-hard-play-hard” so we invest a lot of time and effort into developing our employees during and after working-hours. There are a variety of sales, coaching, boot-camp or language lessons made available. And we have a football team and a boat which we use for regular trips on the canals private or with customers.
STX is a relatively young company where the average age (excluding management) is around 30. We have an international focus which means we also hire many people from abroad. Currently we have over 20 different nationalities working in our offices.
As Legal Counsel you will support the Legal & Compliance team on their various activities such as reviewing, drafting and negotiating various types of contracts; maintaining direct contact with our traders/brokers on contracts and other commercial matters, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and (internal) regulations; corporate housekeeping and more generally be part of a growing support team in a rapidly growing business.
As a Legal Counsel, the main responsibilities are:
- Supporting our brokers and traders but also all other departments with reviewing drafting and negotiating various (international) commercial contracts
- Providing legal advice to the business on a broad range of legal matters
- Making sure that legal information and documentation is kept up-to-date and available in our legal database
- European Law degree
- 3-4 years’ experience as an in-house legal counsel in a commercial business environment or in a private practice
- Proven experience with drafting and reviewing commercial contracts
- Experience in the (renewables or financial) trading industry is considered an advantage
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- International mindset, sense of intercultural understanding, open-minded
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible with a hands-on approach
- Fluent in English, command of German, French or Spanish is considered a big plus
- Availability to work at least 4 days per week
- Living in the area of Amsterdam
What we offer / Compensation & Benefits
- International working environment
- Hands-on experience from the start
- Strong focus on personal development
- Competitive salary
- Fringe benefits
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to participate in building the future for our company? Please apply for this job through clicking on the "apply" button.
For further questions please contact the Recruitment department at 0031-205357797 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for this vacancy all vacancies