Legal Counsel - Environmental Commodities
We're looking for a pro-active, energetic, commercially minded and ambitious Legal Counsel who loves to work - and play - hard to join our Legal & Compliance team at STX Group's headquarters in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate is someone who is very excited about the idea of working within a dynamic, driven and international environment on a broad range of legal matters with the main focus on (international) commercial contracts.
A lot has changed since 2005, when STX Group was founded as a small-scale intermediary company in the heart of Amsterdam. Starting out modestly, but ambitiously as one of the first European players in the Carbon Emission (EUA) market, the firm has grown over the years into a reputable international intermediary and trading company that employs over 100 staff members and covers a wide range of products on the global market. Working from offices in Amsterdam, New York and Gothenburg, our various teams draw on their entrepreneurial mindset to serve our clients optimally in their own languages. Our goal? To consolidate growth in dynamic existing markets while further exploring new products and emerging markets. Ultimately, our mission is to become a leading trader and market access provider in illiquid environmental commodities and debt capital markets.
STX Group couldn’t function without the assistance of its IT, HR, Mid-Office, Finance, Legal and Compliance support teams. Comprising over 20 professionals, all based in Amsterdam, the different teams collectively help to ensure that trades are processed smoothly and the company as a whole runs efficiently and effectively as a business. They’re like the glue that holds the firm together. Our support teams are the fastest growing divisions in the STX Group, in large part thanks to the rapidly expanding front office and professionalization of these parts of the business.
As Legal Counsel you will support the Legal & Compliance team on their various activities such as reviewing, drafting and negotiating various types of contracts; maintaining direct contact with our traders/brokers on contracts and other commercial matters, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and (internal) regulations; corporate housekeeping and more generally be part of a growing support team in a rapidly growing business.
As a Legal Counsel, the main responsibilities are:
- Supporting our brokers and traders but also all other departments with reviewing drafting and negotiating various (international) commercial contracts
- Providing legal advice to the business on a broad range of legal matters
- Making sure that legal information and documentation is kept up-to-date and available in our legal database
- European Law degree
- 3-4 years’ experience as an in-house legal counsel in a commercial business environment or in a private practice
- Proven experience with drafting and reviewing commercial contracts
- Experience in the (renewables or financial) trading industry is considered an advantage
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- International mindset, sense of intercultural understanding, open-minded
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible with a hands-on approach
- Fluent in English, command of German, French or Spanish is considered a big plus
- Availability to work at least 4 days per week
- Living in the area of Amsterdam
Compensation & benefits
- Fringe benefits, e.g. pension scheme contributions, monthly massages and weekly bootcamps;
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Professional and international working environment;
- Working in a fast-paced company;
- Strong focus on personal and professional development.
Get in touch
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to play a part in building our company's future? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the "apply" button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on 0031-205357797 or at email@example.com.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.Apply for this vacancy all vacancies