We're looking for a graduate, pro-active, analytical and ambitious Junior Trader/Analyst who loves to work - and play - hard to join our Trading Desk at STX Group's headquarters in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate is someone who is not only fluent in English, but who is also very excited about the idea of assisting the traders in optimizing the trade flow & structuring the trading book.
A lot has changed since 2005, when STX Group was founded as a small-scale intermediary company in the heart of Amsterdam. Starting out modestly, but ambitiously as one of the first European players in the Carbon Emission (EUA) market, the firm has grown over the years into a reputable international intermediary and trading company that employs over 100 staff members and covers a wide range of products on the global market. Working from offices in Amsterdam, New York and Gothenburg, our various teams draw on their entrepreneurial mindset to serve our clients optimally in their own languages. Our goal? To consolidate growth in dynamic existing markets while further exploring new products and emerging markets. Ultimately, our mission is to become a leading trader and market access provider in illiquid environmental commodities and debt capital markets.
Growth through new products and markets
These days, STX Group serves as a intermediary, principle and proprietary trader in the international renewables market and financial markets. On the environmental commodities side, we intermediate and trade a wide variety of different renewable energy certificates and physical renewables, such as biofuels and biodiesel. Over the years, we have expanded to trade in a diverse range of new products and have moved into numerous new markets. Such developments account for the rapid growth the company has enjoyed since its inception.
Entrepreneurialism and diversity as key success factors
The only thing that hasn’t changed since 2005 is the location of our headquarters: we’re still based alongside Amsterdam’s canals in the vibrant heart of the city. To date, we remain one of the few intermediaries in the Dutch capital and one of the only trading firms to have such an international employee base serving the global market. A key driver behind the company’s growth and success is the great diversity within our teams: not only does our in-house staff base comprise an impressive 20 different nationalities, but the (academic) backgrounds of our team members vary widely too. This diversity guarantees that, as a group, we can tap into the creativity and versatility required to continuously develop only the best and most innovative ideas and solutions to problems we encounter. Great performance is rewarded with great growth within the company. We don’t believe in silos; we operate as teams. Cross-country, cross-disciplinary and cross-position collaboration is key. We don’t place much emphasis on hierarchical structures. What we do value? Entrepreneurial spirits who have great ideas and are keen to join the STX family to work on building the future together.
STX Commodities was launched shortly after the introduction of the Kyoto Protocol in 2005. While the team started with a sole focus on carbon-related products, over the years, we have significantly grown our trading solutions to include a vast number and variety of environmental commodities (both physical renewables and certificates for renewables). Moreover, this division of the company also evolved from a intermediary to a sales-trading firm, which has positioned us better in the market. Today, STX Commodities is a leading global intermediary and sales-trading organization focused on providing market access and creating liquidity in the very dynamic, yet relatively illiquid, international renewable energy market. Country teams are stationed in Amsterdam, New York and Gothenburg.
As a junior trader/analyst within STX Group you will be trained to become a trader in the International Environmental Commodity markets. For the first 1 to 2 years in this position you will have 3 main responsibilities:
- Assist the traders in optimizing the trade flow;
- Support traders in structuring the trading book;
- Analyze the qualitative and quantitative fundamentals of the environmental commodities; markets to help define trading strategies.
In your daily work you will be:
- Working with transactional and analytical data;
- Working as a backup and support to the traders;
- Doing research and analyzing statistics;
- Optimization of the delivery book;
- Use your analytical skills to make creative commercial propositions to the traders.
- Recently graduated and in possession of a relevant bachelor’s degree;
- Strong analytical skills with a commercial drive;
- Interest in the environmental commodities;
- Highly skilled in using Excel;
- Authorized and eligible to work freely in the EU;
- Strong interest in trading and financial markets;
- Preferably living in (the area of) Amsterdam or willing to move;
- Please notice this is a graduate role;
- Fluent in English and another European language.
Compensation & benefits
- Fringe benefits, e.g. pension scheme contributions, monthly massages and weekly bootcamps;
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Professional and international working environment;
- Working in a fast-paced company;
- Strong focus on personal and professional development.
Get in touch
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to play a part in building our company's future? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the "apply" button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on 0031-205357797 or at email@example.com.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Apply for this vacancy all vacancies