Fixed Income Sales - US Money Market
We're looking for a pro-active, energetic, commercially minded and ambitious deal-closer who loves to work - and play - hard to join our Fixed Income team at STX Group's headquarters in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate is someone who is not only fluent in English, but who is also very excited about the idea of building his/her own customer portfolio in the US Money Market.
A lot has changed since 2005, when STX Group was founded as a small-scale intermediary company in the heart of Amsterdam. Starting out modestly, but ambitiously as one of the first European players in the Carbon Emission (EUA) market, the firm has grown over the years into a reputable international intermediary and trading company that employs over 100 staff members and covers a wide range of products on the global market. Working from offices in Amsterdam, New York and Gothenburg, our various teams draw on their entrepreneurial mindset to serve our clients optimally in their own languages. Our goal? To consolidate growth in dynamic existing markets while further exploring new products and emerging markets. Ultimately, our mission is to become a leading trader and market access provider in illiquid environmental commodities and debt capital markets.
Entrepreneurialism and diversity as key success factors
The only thing that hasn’t changed since 2005 is the location of our headquarters: we’re still based alongside Amsterdam’s canals in the vibrant heart of the city. To date, we remain one of the few intermediaries in the Dutch capital and one of the only trading firms to have such an international employee base serving the global market. A key driver behind the company’s growth and success is the great diversity within our teams: not only does our in-house staff base comprise an impressive 20 different nationalities, but the (academic) backgrounds of our team members vary widely too. This diversity guarantees that, as a group, we can tap into the creativity and versatility required to continuously develop only the best and most innovative ideas and solutions to problems we encounter. Great performance is rewarded with great growth within the company. We don’t believe in silos; we operate as teams. Cross-country, cross-disciplinary and cross-position collaboration is key. We don’t place much emphasis on hierarchical structures. What we do value? Entrepreneurial spirits who have great ideas and are keen to join the STX family to work on building the future together.
STX Fixed Income
STX Fixed Income became part of STX Group in 2013, marking our debut as a worldwide financial products intermediary firm. Working out of our Amsterdam headquarters, all Fixed Income country teams are active in primary, secondary and money markets in their respective countries. The broad variety of products we offer allows gives us access to every aspect of the market. By working closely with top European institutional investors, we are able to offer clients competitive prices, using standardized loans or bonds, and cash deposits.
You will be responsible for
- Building (your own) customer portfolio in the US money-market
- Following developments on cash-management and cash related products
- Originating your own transactions and bringing them to a successful end
- Open up new trading lines between borrowers and lenders and marinating and expanding existing ones
- Being proactive and idea generating, adding value to your customers and colleagues
- Closing deals!
- 1 - 4 years of commercial experience (preferably in broking or (bonus driven) sales)
- Bachelor/Master degree in Finance or familiarity with financial products (preferably in fixed income)
- Native English speaker (hard criteria)
- Entrepreneurial, strong commercial drive and a proactive attitude
- Ready to travel, to visit and entertain customers
- Eager to learn and work hard
- Living in or willing to move to Amsterdam
Compensation & benefits
- Long-term opportunity to open up your own desk
- Fringe benefits, e.g. pension scheme contributions, monthly massages and weekly bootcamps
- Competitive remuneration package
- Professional and international working environment
- Working in a fast-paced company
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Opportunities to travel
Get in touch
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to play a part in building our company's future? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the "apply" button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on 0031-205357797 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.Apply for this vacancy all vacancies